Friday, February 15, 2013

Jacki’s Cowboy Quiche and Bananas Foster

I made both of these recipes last week when my husbands parents were in town and we all really liked both of them.  The quiche was easy enough to make.  I made a pie crust (just my own recipe), used the Costco already cooked bacon and substituted half and half for the heavy cream.  The one thing that would have helped out in the recipe directions is PW says to “salt and pepper to taste” – not tasting a mix of raw eggs and cream!  I think approximate amounts would have been more appropriate.  I just sprinkled some in and it tasted just fine.  I would definitely make this recipe again. 
The Bananas Foster was really yum as well and very easy to make.  I omitted the rum and the whole flame thing and it turned out just fine.  We spooned it over some vanilla ice cream – heavenly.  I think it would taste really good with peaches as well.

Jacki's Pics 002

Jacki's Pics 003

 

Jacki's Pics 051

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Everything looked great! Good idea about using the precooked bacon. I haven't tried the bananas foster, but it looked very good :)