Saturday, July 27, 2013

Jacki’s Southwest Pasta Salad, Meat and Veggie Rub, and Berry Cobbler

I had visions of making all three of these recipes at the same meal but for various reasons I ended up making them on three different occasions.  I made the meat rub to add to burgers and I thought the version the recipe book had (add to ground beef and stone ground mustard) was quite tasty.  I would add just a little less rub than the recipe called for (1 Tbsp rub to 1 lb ground beef).  I used spicy brown mustard because that is what I had and I really liked the flavor it added. 
I made the pasta salad on a different day to take to a potluck event for mutual – I heard positive comments and it got eaten so that was a good sign.  Having said that I thought it was good but not my favorite.  I think it was just a personal choice – I prefer the more traditional type pasta salad. 
I finally got around to making the Berry Cobbler last night.  Again, it was good but not my favorite but my husband thought it was great – success!  I think I overcooked it and I would have liked it better cooked less.  I cooked it for 45 minutes and 35 might have even been enough so watch the cooking time.  I also thought it needed more berries – I used blueberries.

Tommy growing up 442

Tommy growing up 444

Tommy growing up 445

2 comments:

Connie Burrows said...

Everything looks good. Might try salad as I have the cookbook.

Audrey said...

They all look really good! I agree about the pasta salad. Good, but not my favorite :)