Sunday, March 2, 2014

Jacki's Chicken Orzo Soup and Mascarpone Ice Cream

I made both of these recipes the other day and they were both so good!!  For the Mascarpone Ice Cream I found the Mascarpone cheese at Trader Joes.  I didn't really notice that flavor because the almond flavoring seemed to dominate. I used the heavy whipping cream because I checked 4 stores and they all only carried heavy cream. But, regardless, it was delicious and oh, so easy to whip up in my little Cuisinart Ice Cream maker.  The Balsamic Strawberry Sauce was a great addition.  I was a little leery of the balsamic vinegar in there but it actually brought out the flavor.  It would be good without it too though - you can't really go wrong with ice cream and sugar. 
The Chicken Orzo Soup with Lemon and Chard was delicious and easy to throw together.  The store I went to didn't have the fresh chard so I just bought a bag of spinach and kale and used that - didn't even bother to chop it up.  I also used some shell pasta I had that I wanted to use up so I did that instead of the orzo.  It made a thick soup which I like so it was perfect! Definitely will make this recipe again.

                                Ice Cream ingredients all gathered.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Everything looks good! I have the same ice cream maker so I'm glad to know that it turns out good. We are going to have the soup this week since its cold & snowy.