Thursday, March 6, 2014

Jacki's Tuna Casserole and Green Beans

Last night I made the Tuna Noodle Casserole and Honey-Ginger Green Beans and they were both excellent.  I am not a  tuna noodle casserole fan as made with the cream of chicken or mushroom soup but my husband is.  I thought this recipe looked like something that would taste better and I wasn't disappointed.  In fact we both liked it.  It is more work than using the can of cream soup but worth it. I followed the recipe as directed except I omitted the cracker/potato chip crumbs on top.  For those of you who are not tuna fans you could easily substitute some cooked chicken in its place.  The best thing about this recipe is I happened to have all the ingredients on hand except the mushrooms - bonus!
The Honey-Ginger Green beans were also delish.  More work than just steaming the green beans like I usually do but a nice change.  Again, I followed the recipe as directed except I omitted the sesame seeds because I didn't have any.  I would make both of these recipes again.


1 comment:

Audrey said...

We haven't tried these recipes yet, but I like your idea about using chicken in place of the tuna. That's probably what we will do :)