Sunday, November 4, 2012

Jacki and Leslee's Recent Recipe Adventures


Chicken Parmesan
We all thought this was a very tasty dish.  I didn't have a meat mallet so I had a hard time getting the chicken breasts uniformly even.  I substituted chicken broth for the wine and we used gluten free pasta. I forgot about the spinach and made broccoli to go with the meal.  This is definitely a recipe to make again.  I agree with Dana and Brandon - Italian sausage would be great with the sauce.
  Panfried Spinach
I thought this was very good.  I usually just steam my spinach so this was a nice change.  I liked the Kale cooked this way as well.


Sloppy Joes
These were pretty good.  I have a recipe I like a little better but I also enjoyed this recipe.  Leslee actually made this recipe and she said it was pretty easy and straight forward.  It would make a good freezer meal.  

Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Ok, I know this doesn't look anything like shrimp because it isn't.  Certain people here (I am at Leslee's helping with new baby Lacey) don't care for shrimp so we substituted with chicken.  It was good!  Leslee made it and said she cooked it on a baking sheet but recommends putting it in a smaller pyrex baking dish so the chicken can soak up more of the juices.  She also only used 1 stick of butter instead of two and used dried parsley.  I would like to make it again using shrimp because it looks really tasty with the bread to dip into the juices.


We still have a few recipes we have not cooked yet so we will get busy and report back as soon as we do.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Enjoyed all the pictures and reviews. We also really liked the chicken Parmesan, spinach & garlic shrimp. I think your right about using a little less butter, but it was really tasty to dip your bread in it :) that's interesting to sub chicken for the shrimp. I'm sure that tasted good!