Sunday, November 25, 2012

Jacki’s Review of Rigatoni and Meatballs

I made this recipe this past week and thought it was pretty good – nothing amazing though.  First off, I used spaghetti instead of the Rigatoni.  I made the full recipe and it made plenty of  food!  We both thought the meatballs needed more flavoring.  I used ground venison so maybe that had something to do with it.  I didn’t fry the meatballs as directed but cooked them under the broiler – so much easier. My bread took almost an hour to dry out in the oven – way longer than the 20 minutes the recipe stated.   The sauce had a good flavor – probably needed a bit more salt.  I used dried basil instead of fresh.  I enjoyed the meal but would probably use a different meatball recipe or add more spices.  I still have not had a chance to make the Caprese salad  but I am looking forward to it!

Jacki's Pics

No comments: