Friday, January 24, 2014

Jacki's Spinach-Artichoke Quiche

I made this recipe for dinner tonight and it was good!  I made the crust myself.  I didn't bother with the foil and beans etc. - seemed like a lot of extra work.  I just made the crust, put it in the pie plate and poked holes with a fork and cooked it for about 15 minutes at 400.  For the filling I made it as directed except I only used 1 1/2 cups of grated Swiss cheese because that is how much came in the preshredded bag.  I omitted the thyme.  We both thought it had a good flavor but I would add just a little less of the Dijon mustard and a little less salt next time.  I also made the Blueberry muffin recipe in the book (pg 6).  They were good too.  There is an error in that recipe though so might want to make the correction - step 3 says to combine the remaining 1 cup of flour but it should be 1 TABLESPOON of flour. 


1 comment:

Audrey said...

Thanks for your very informative review. We plan on cooking the quiche on Sunday. I like your idea of just pricking the crust as that is what I've done in the past.