Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jenny's Meatballs and Pudding Pops


I made the sweet and sour meatballs a couple of days ago.  We all thought they were pretty good.  They were surprisingly quick to make for meatballs.  I used the slow cooker option and I used a tiny bit of pineapple juice, but mostly water, for the sauce.  I think I had about enough pineapple juice to make up for about 1/4 of the liquid needed.  But I still thought the sauce was plenty flavorful and sweet with just that amount of pineapple juice.
 The kids and I made the peanut butter banana pudding pops yesterday.  They had fun helping me and anxiously checked the freezer several times to see if the pudding pops were frozen yet.  Super Target did not carry sugar free pudding (weird!!) so I ended up using regular pudding because I didn't want to go to another store!  The kids loved the pudding pops.  I thought they were yummy too.  They had a very rich flavor and were very sweet.  Next time I will try them with the sugar free pudding.  Then they will be a little bit healthier and maybe not quite as sweet.
Anyway, I would count both recipes as successes!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for your feedback Jenny, everything looks great - cute picture of the popsicle tester:)