Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Jenny's Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri

I am catching up on a ton of recipes that I missed over the past several weeks.  I am finally feeling like life is under control and I am back in the kitchen more.  Hopefully I can keep it up!

This last week I made the pork tenderloin with chimichurri.  I thought it sounded good and looked good, until I was chopping up all of the herbs, etc.  I texted Kim and told her it just wasn't sounding good to me anymore.  She reassured me and told me that dinner never sounds/looks good at 11 in the morning!  Anyway, I finished the chimichurri and got my pork marinating fairly early in the day because I knew I wouldn't be able to get to it later.

Well, my husband and I thought this was delish.  It tasted, smelled, and looked so fresh.  The chimichurri had a wonderful flavor.  I don't cook pork tenderloins very often, but I would definitely use this recipe again.  I made the chimichurri exactly as the recipe says, even using the fresh oregano.  I didn't grill the tenderloin though, just cooked it in the oven.  It turned out wonderfully moist and tender.  But I can imagine the grill would add just that much more flavor.

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

I agree Jenny, the pork tenderloin was very good. I have not had pork tenderloin much before but now I cook it more often after trying out the recipes in this cookbook and seeing how moist, tender, and flavorful it can be.