Tuesday, September 3, 2013

BBQ Bacon Sliders, Onion Straws and Cupcakes

 

Last night I made the meal from last week.  I must admit I was feeling very lazy and it was so darn hot and humid that the trip to the store to buy the marshmallow cream almost did me in.  After giving myself a pep talk I got to making the dinner.  I had prepared the cupcakes earlier that afternoon.  It is a moist and tasty recipe but I only used half the water and half the oil it calls for.  The first time I made them I followed the directions completely and the batter was too soupy.  This time, after cutting back the liquids it was just right.   For the burgers I had every intention of making my own patties, but when I went to get the meat out of the garage freezer I saw a nice and tidy package of premade patties just waiting to be used.  I just basted them with bbq sauce every few minutes while they cooked and they were delicious.  The onions were pretty straightforward and a very nice topping for the burger.  My husband declared it was the best burger he had ever eaten and mentioned several more times how much he liked it.  He is not a blue cheese fan so he did not put the sauce on his, but I did and it was so tasty.  My daughter was able to put it together while I did the onions and it turned out great.  In fact I am eating the leftovers on my salad for lunch today.   While I grilled the burgers she mixed up the frosting.  It came together nicely and quickly and tasted really good.   One other thing is that I didn’t do the graham cracker crust in the bottom of the cupcake, I don’t really care for a bunch of stuff in my cupcakes (and I may or may not have read the instructions thoroughly enough).  I hope you get the try these!

Luckily I had a lot of help!

IMG_0278

awful picture, hope it doesn’t make you lose your appetite, but it was tasty!IMG_0281IMG_0283IMG_0284

3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

It all looks tasty, especially the last pic:). We enjoyed this meal as well.

Audrey said...

Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like the meal was a hit! Cute pictures :)

Connie Burrows said...

I am not in the group, but as a grandma, I loved the whole blog. So cute to have the kids help.