Sunday, September 22, 2013

Jacki’s Easy Thai Coconut Soup & Lemon Cake

Both of these recipes were good.  I cut back on the chicken broth in the soup because I like a heartier soup but I should have added the full amount because it was almost too hearty (not much liquid). The flavor was good but with each bite I kept expecting it to taste like Top Ramen because of the noodles:)  I added chicken to make it a little sturdier for dinner and also mushrooms. I didn’t want to buy a whole bunch of cilantro because I knew I wouldn’t use it all so I bought a tube of it – you can find it in the produce section right by the fresh herbs. Very convenient and tastes good too.  I prefer just the fresh without the additives but this worked out better this time.

Jacki's Pics 021

The Glazed Lemon Cake was easy to make, moist, and tasty. I didn’t serve it with whipped cream because I thought it was rich enough just plain.

Jacki's Pics 022

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Both dishes looked good! I haven't tried them yet, but maybe I will :)