Sunday, September 22, 2013

Jacki’s Roundup of Recipe Reviews

I have been really bad  posting about my recipes – too much summer fun I guess!  So here goes….

Mango Rice, Grilled Coconut Skewers, Thai Spring Rolls

I was able to enjoy these recipes twice – once at Nika’s house and once at Leslee’s so this is their review as well.  Both times everything was delicious!  I also really liked the peanut sauce that went along with the  skewers and Thai spring rolls.  At Nika’s we used won ton or egg roll wrappers because we couldn’t find any rice paper at the store we went to and they were really good – we fried half of them and baked half and both turned out quite tasty.  At Leslee’s we were able to find the rice paper wrappers so we used those.  The rice paper was interesting to work with.  I wasn’t sure how it would taste with the veggies not being cooked but I thought it was really good.  The rice paper was a bit gummy though. 

Mango Rice and Chicken Skewers at Nika’s

Jacki's Pics 038

Me fixing the Thai Spring Rolls at Nika’s

Jacki's Pics 040

Mango Rice and Coconut Lime Chicken at Leslee’s

Jacki's Pics 029

Spring Rolls at Leslee’s

Jacki's Pics 033

Grilled Chicken and Berry Salad

We made this salad at Leslee’s house and we both thought it was very good – both the salad and the dressing.

Jacki's Pics 004

Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta

I have had this three times this summer and love it!  Nika made it when I was visiting her this summer and used fresh basil from her garden – delish!  Leslee made it when I was at her house – yum again.  And, I recently made it with homegrown tomatoes from a friends garden and it was so tasty again.  I think the balsamic vinegar is a good addition to it.  When I made mine I just cooked it all day in the crockpot which made it easy.

Leslee’s

Jacki's Pics 028

Mine.  I guess I didn’t get a pic of Nika’s.

Jacki's Pics 018

BBQ Bacon Sliders and Crispy Shoestring Onions

Oh, my goodness this made for a tasty meal!  I really liked the BBQ sauce in the burger and the crispy shoestring onions were really good on it.  I made homemade rolls to serve it on since I didn’t have any store bought ones and that made it extra good:)

Jacki's Pics 104

Nika also made the Tabbouleh when I was there and we all thought it was really good but I guess I didn’t get a picture of it.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Very impressive! Everything looked very good. We also liked a lot of those same recipes. Especially the BBQ bacon burgers & the shoestring onions.