Sunday, December 1, 2013

Jacki's Dulce de Leche and Butternut Squash Pasta

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, and good food!  And, maybe you were able to catch up on a few recipes from our blog too.  A couple of weeks ago I made the Dulce de Leche and the Butternut Squash Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce. Both were good.  The Dulce de Leche was super easy and made a nice dip for sliced apples.  I followed the directions exactly and wasn't disappointed. 
For the Roasted Butternut Squash with Pumpkin sauce I made a few minor adjustments to the recipe.  The store I went to didn't have any fresh butternut squash (I know, strange for this time of year) but they did have frozen butternut squash so I bought that instead which was easier since I didn't have to peel and dice it.  I omitted the sage and rosemary.  I was wondering if the sauce would have too much of a pumpkin flavor but it didn't - very tasty.  Next time I would probably omit the onions or dice them fine and saute them first.  I like onions but the roasted ones were still a little firm for the dish where everything else was soft and creamy.  I wasn't in love with this recipe but I thought it was good and glad I tried it.   A different twist on pasta.
                                         
                                         Dulce de Leche
                                          This is what it looked like all ready for the oven
                                          Above is the Roasted Butternut Squash with Pumpkin Sauce.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I agree about the dip being good with apples & the pasta dish was good, but not a favorite.