Friday, December 6, 2013

Jenny's Caesar Salad

This week I made the caesar salad.  I used it as a side salad, so I didn't do the chicken, although I would love to try it that way too some time.

After reading Leslee's review I cut down on the oil too.  I would say I did about 3/4 a cup, instead of the full cup.  When I first tasted the dressing I thought it was a tad too lemon-y.  But after I tossed the salad I realized I was wrong!  I thought it was great!

I am usually not a crouton gal, but these homemade ones were delish.  I made them just as the recipe states, except I forgot to toss them in the parmesan cheese at the end.  The whole time I was making them it was running through my mind, "Don't forget the cheese at the end...don't forget the cheese."  But it didn't matter.  I still forgot.  They still tasted great though!

I would definitely make the salad again.  I want to try it with the chicken.  It would be a fun salad to make for a luncheon.  And I thought it would taste great with some purple onion, tomatoes, and black olives...but I guess then it wouldn't quite be a caesar salad ;)

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Ha! I kept telling myself to not forget the chocolate chips when I was making the muffins but I did! Thanks for the review. I think you would like the salad with the chicken.