Saturday, December 14, 2013

Tarin's Beignets and Hot Chocolate

We had the missionaries over for dinner last night and they are always my best guinea pigs. I made these for dessert. They were really good. I followed the directions exactly, except I cooked them in normal veggie oil. Everyone enjoyed them, but I felt like they tasted more like the scones that we make with bread dough. But they were easy and fun so I'll probably make them again.



As far as the hot chocolate it was a pretty good/basic recipe. I really liked the toasted marshmallows on tops with the chocolate sauce, but something about the graham cracker bits on the side just kind of weirded me out, but they looked really pretty. (Sorry I forgot to take a picture!)

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review. I have all the ingredients now I just need to make these two recipes. Look good!