Monday, February 17, 2014

Leslee's Meal

Last night I made the steak and brownie dessert. I sent Sean to the store on Saturday night and he came home with Beef Tenderloin since there was no filet minion. I prepared it as the book says although I might have cooked it in the over a bit longer than they suggested. Honestly I am not sure i have ever cooked a steak in the oven so I was a little worried about how it would turn out. Well no need to fear, it was delicious! It was melt in your mouth tender! Sean and I had gone to Outback on Friday for Valentine's Day and I think this steak was just as good if not better then the ones we got there:) All the addition of butter made it delicious but a little more heavy! Fun for a nice occasion though:)






Next up was the Mint Chocolate Chip Brownie Ice-cream Squares. Although a lot of layers, this was easy to make! I should have made it a little earlier so it could have frozen back up longer but we didn't mind. I just made it in a 8x8 pan. The only thing I changed was when I melted the chocolate chips I didn't add any cream, I just spread it on as is. We were all really excited to eat it and everyone loved it. It was definitely rich though!




2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Oh yum, everything looks so good. Can't wait to make these recipes!

Audrey said...

Thanks for the reviews. Everything looked really good! Glad to know that the steak was tender after being cooked In the oven :)