Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Soup and Salad

Last week I made the tropical slaw to go along with our hamburgers and french fries. Sean wasn't home for dinner and now that I think about I was probably the only one who ate it. I just made a few changes, slivered almonds instead of pumpkin seeds, less oil in the dressing, and I added chunks of pineapple. I made it only 30 min before dinner and it was pretty good, but the next day it was delicious. The cabbage really had a chance to soak up the dressing and I really liked it:)

Last night I made the Chicken Orzo soup for dinner. I added extra amounts of the vegetables and I couldn't find chard at the store so I added Kale (don't know how similar they are). My soup ended up pretty thick but it was really good, it reminded me of risotto. The whole family enjoyed and ate it, so I say the recipe was a success and a keeper! 

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

I agree, the slaw was really good the next day after soaking up the sauce. Looking forward to making the soup tonight.