Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Muffins and Stew

About a week ago I tried out the two muffin recipes, blueberry and pumpkin streusel (from a while back). The pumpkin ones were easy to make and smelled delicious! My two younger kids were big fans of these!
The blueberry ones also turned out well and weren't too hard to make. By batter and also the muffins turned out a bit dense but my husband still thought they were great! I usually just make muffins from a box mix so it was fun to make them from scratch for a change:)



Next up is the stew! This was delicious! I made it last Sunday for dinner and put it in the crockpot before we headed to church. I realized I forgot to get the V8 juice and I needed a substitute for the tomato soup so I ended up adding a jar of pizza sauce with some water and broth. It sounds funny but it actually worked great!! We really liked the recipe!

2 comments:

My Name is JACY said...

Yummy!

Are you going to post the stew recipe? I'm always looking for new recipes!

Thank you for sharing! Just found you... love it!

Audrey said...

Glad that you guys enjoyed the muffins. We haven't made the Stew yet, but that was a good idea about using the pizza sauce:)