Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Heidi's Stuffed Peppers and Fruit Tart

Tonight I fixed the stuffed peppers and fruit tart. I fixed the stuffed peppers pretty much according to recipe except that I left out a few things. I didn't add any cumin because I didn't have any and then I didn't add any beans because I forgot to buy them. I also didn't put any cilantro in the mix because it is a pretty strong flavor that I didn't think my family would like. Kenton, Ashley and I really liked it. We mainly just at the "stuffed part" although I did eat about 1/4 of my pepper. It had a really good flavor. Connor thought that it was too hot... but he was exceptionally whiny tonight and he almost feel asleep while eating so I am going to exclude his opinion. :)
The fruit tart was very good. I used frozen peaches because I was too lazy to buy fresh fruit and slice it up :) It was good; but it would have been really good with the fresh fruit.

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review. I am looking forward to trying these two recipes in the next day or so. I appreciated hearing about your substitutions, omissions and suggestions. I hope Connor gets a good night sleep :)

Leslee said...

The stuffed peppers sound very good, we rae excited to try them. The pie sounds very good too. I will probably end up using frozen fruit too since there isn't too much in season. Glad to hear that 3 or the 4 approved of the recipes!