Thursday, February 25, 2010

Leslee's Stuffed Peppers

I have been eyeing this recipe for awhile so I was glad to give it a try.  Sean has been wanting me to make stuffed peppers for like a year too so it worked out nicely to make this recipe! I used ground chicken instead of ground beef (because that it was we had), used pre-cooked regular rice that we had leftover and I omitted the beans because we have had a lot lately.  I used two red peppers and a yellow pepper because they are so much more tasty then green peppers plus they were on sale.  I stuffed them and then spread the rest of the rice mixture around them in the pan and sprinkled the cheese on top.  I probably didn't cook them the full 30 minutes because I was quite hungry and couldn't wait that long.

Here is my plate:

Sean wasn't quite sure how to eat them...


We both thought they were very tasty.  I was a little surprised that they didn't have any sort of tomatoes in them since the kind my mom used to make did but I really liked them.  I almost mixed a little salsa into the mixture but we didn't have any but we decided next time that would be a good addition.  Overall good and I will make them again.  I need to get some fruit to make the dessert, so hopefully I can report on that soon too!

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review and suggestions. I will keep the salsa in mind when I make it. I might not get a chance to make it until next week but I will get it done. Your peppers look quite tasty.

Heidi said...

I am glad that I could help Sean out! :) I was actually pleasantly surprised by how good these were. The salsa is a very good tip too. That is a good idea to put the remaining rice mixture in the pan, I ended up just throwing mine away.