Friday, February 12, 2010

Orange-Ginger Chicken

Tonight we had a lovely meal including the pan grilled chicken with orange-ginger sauce.  It was very delicious and easy to make.  I cooked the chicken in the my electric skillet which keeps it nice and juicy. For the sauce I used fresh squeezed orange juice because we didn't have any orange juice on hand.  This took a while but I am sure it made it extra tasty! I also used fresh ginger that I have been keeping in the freezer for these types of recipes. We ate it along side white rice and sauteed green beans.  Note to Ingrid: I got the big bag at Costco that you have been cooking for us and they were very good!
For this meal we had my mom here along with Chelsea and Brandon so we had plenty of reviewers.  Everyone really enjoyed it and gobbled it right up.  My mom liked it and felt that it was lighter and fresher than a typical terriyaki sauce.  I would maybe try the sauce with some veggies in it too sometime.  We didn't try the egg rolls tonight, so we will have to get to those!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

It was a tasty meal. Good job on the photo too.