Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Audrey's Pots De Creme

 Here is the first ingredients blended up & ready for the half n half.
 I divided up the chocolate creme in 8 little dishes.
Here's the final results, ready to eat!  I had a hard time getting a good picture, so sorry about that.  After reading some of the reviews, I was very careful to follow all her directions.  I did substitute the coffee for half n half(8 oz.) as we are not coffee drinkers.  Everything worked out great! I made sure that I blended up the first 4 ingredients real well & then added hot half n half(didn't let it boil) as the blender was blending.  I did let the eggs get to room temp. but I also put them in some warm water to make sure.  I poured the mixture into the little ramekins and then covered them in Saran wrap and put them in the frig.  They set up real well in several hours.  We had them the next day for one of the desserts for my hubbies birthday get together.  We all thought the chocolate creme was very good, especially with the sweetened whipped cream on top.  I didn't add any sugar to the chocolate and we were fine with that.  I will say that this is a very rich dessert and the small amounts were plenty.  I would like to try this recipe again using milk chocolate chips instead, as I think that would taste real good.  Another great recipe!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review. Your Pots De Creme looks so pretty in the little red dishes. Happy birthday to Doug.