Saturday, January 19, 2013

Jacki’s Chipotle Steak Salad

I made this tonight for dinner and it was really good but like Leslee said, the salad dressing was REALLY spicy!  I went to the store to buy flank steak but the New York strip steak was on sale for a really good price so I went with that.  After marinating it for about 4 hours (yes, I know it seems just so wrong to marinate a perfectly tasty steak such as a New York strip but I wanted to follow the recipe:) I cooked it under the broiler – so tasty and tender.  The salad dressing was so spicy and I kept adding more mayo to calm it down.  I finally just added some ranch dressing and that helped a lot.  I recommend only using a little of the chipotles with adobo sauce and tasting along the way instead of dumping it all in the blender like I did. Leslee mentioned using a little milk to thin down the dressing which is a good idea.  I didn’t do that and it was a little thick.   I used romaine lettuce along with halved cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumbers – omitted the red onion.  I thought it made a very good main dish salad.

  Jacki's Pics 002

No comments: