Friday, December 19, 2014

Jacki's Menu 23

We had this meal with my parents and we enjoyed it!  Starting off with the Three Cheese Mushroom and Spinach Calzone.  I made my own pizza crust using The Pioneer Woman's recipe.  We all thought it was good but not outstanding. I think some sausage would be a good addition. I am looking forward to the Rutter review with the chicken added. We also decided maybe some marinara sauce on the side for dipping would be tasty. I sautéed the mushrooms and spinach but then there was a bunch of liquid in the bowl so I squeezed it out with paper towels. I was afraid it would make the calzone all soggy. The assembly was much easier than individual calzones. Easy recipe to change the ingredients around.
Next up is the Oven-Roasted Parmesan Broccoli. I used 6 cups of broccoli cut up but only 1/4 cup of the olive oil and 1/2 tsp garlic salt. It was way too strong. I can't imagine that much oil and garlic salt with only 2 cups of the broccoli!  Next time I will use less oil and garlic salt. I do like the flavor the roasting gives it. Everyone really liked the Berry Cheesecake Pudding. Easy and straight forward recipe. It would be a good one to take to a potluck. These were all fun recipes to make.



1 comment:

Audrey said...

Everything looked really good! Good that you used a pizza recipe, I took the easy way out with the store bought ;)