Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Rutter Kitchen- Menu #26

Since we were having this menu for our dinner that night, I prepared the Overnight Caramel French Toast dish that morning.  I followed the directions except omitted the pecans.  Very easy to do which I liked! I also prepped some of the veggies for the Souffle so things would go quicker that night. When Ashley got here we started cooking the French toast and then she started fixing the Egg Souffle. We used fresh mushrooms and just sautéed them.  I didn't have the size of pan it called for, so we had to make do.  It did take quite a bit longer for the dish to cook, so I wonder if the size of dish we used was some of the problem.  Next Ashley fixed the Strawberry Sunrise Drink.  Very easy since I bought the pineapple ready to go. To round out the meal we added some Thanksgiving ham.  We liked everything.  The drink was real good, but if I fix it again I would cut back on the banana.  We thought the Caramel French Toast had a similar taste to pecan pie, which for some of us was a good thing.  Very rich, so you can't eat too much.  The Egg Souffle had really good flavors, just wish that it hadn't taken so long to cook!  All in all it was a good menu.




No comments: