Sunday, April 5, 2015

Jacki and Nika's Menu 34 Review

We all enjoyed the Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Beef Sandwiches, Deviled Eggs, and White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. For the BBQ Beef Sandwiches I used a little more meat than asked for in the recipe because we were feeding a larger crowd. There was plenty of sauce. I would recommend shredding the meat about an hour before serving time and then letting the meat soak in the juices to give it more flavor. I shredded and served right away like the recipe said and I didn't think it had very much flavor.  Everyone else seemed to like it. But it made a very tasty sandwich with provolone cheese, tomatoes, red onion slices, etc. Everyone seemed to like the Deviled Eggs. If you are not a mustard lover I would recommend adding a little less. I omitted the relish because I didn't have any. The White Chocolate Chip Cookies were good but dry. Three cups of flour was too much so I made a note to decrease next time. Maybe I measured wrong. I used half butter and half Crisco. We served some fresh pineapple, potato chips, cold slaw and fresh squeezed lemonade as side dishes. It was a really good meal. I forgot to take a picture of the meal all plated up but here are some pics of the leftovers:) Our eggs are really yellow because they are homegrown!





1 comment:

Audrey said...

Looks like you had good helpers to try out your menu. We've fixed this meal but I haven't posted it yet. I agree with you about letting the meat soak after shredding it. It needed more flavor.