Sunday, April 19, 2015

Jacki's Review of Menu 24

Yesterday we had menu 24 and the reviews were mixed.  I really liked the Homemade Turkey Meatball Subs but a couple of tasters would have preferred a meat/sausage meatball and one thought the marinara sauce I used had too strong of a flavor. They wouldn't order it at a sandwich shop:). I did use ground turkey breast so maybe just ground turkey would have been better - a little moister.  I guess I will enjoy eating the leftover turkey meatballs myself:). Most thought the Baked Zucchini Fries were good but next time I would salt the zucchini wedges a bit before putting them in the egg and bread mixtures. I thought they were a little flavorless but maybe that is because I used regular breadcrumbs instead of panko breadcrumbs? I also could have cut the wedges smaller I suppose but overall they were good. The M&M's Cookie pie was fun and very easy to make. I served it with some vanilla ice cream. I made some fresh squeezed homemade lemonade to go with our meal and it was soooo good. Another fun menu to cook and taste!



2 comments:

Audrey said...

Your meal looked good. Yes our guys prefer a beef sausage mixture for their meatballs. We used regular ground turkey & I thought it wasn't dry, so that might have made a difference.

Surviving Stay @ Home Momma said...

Yum! Everything looks good!!!