Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dana & Audrey's Chicken Pot Pie Review

Dana cooking up the veggies etc... for the pot pie.



All cooked up.


Pie crust dough.


Dana getting tough with the pie dough!


Pot pie ready to bake.


Pot pies fresh out of the oven.



All dished up!


Our taster's Brandon & Dana.



A successful recipe :)




We had fun making these two recipes. We think that this is one of the best pie crusts that we have eaten and it isn't hard to make. I liked the shortening, because it was easier to cut into the flour mixture. It was a little soft to roll out and get in the dish, but I think that it would be good to put it in the frig for awhile after making it so that it would firm up a bit before rolling it out. I am going to try that.
We cooked up a whole chicken and then used the broth from that in the recipe. Since we had 4 cups of chicken, we decided to make two pot pies. We followed the recipe, except we didn't put in the white wine. It turned out real well. The crust was very tender, flaky and tasty. The veggie and chicken filling tasted really good also. We were very pleased with how it turned out and since we had made two pot pies, we ate the second one for dinner the next night, which was very nice :) We all thought that this was one of the best chicken pot pies that we have eaten. I am sure that we will make these pot pies again. Thanks for the good recipe pick :)









2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Yay!!!! I'm so glad you guy's liked it! I just got back from a vacation and now I'm even more excited to try out the recipe. Thanks for the post!

Jacki's travels said...

We liked it as well and will post our review soon! Thanks for the review. I did chill my dough for a bit and it was easy to roll out between two sheets of wax paper.