Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pie Crust and Chicken Pot Pie Review

I am still at Leslee’s house and this past Thursday night I made the Pot Pie for our meal.  We all thought it was pretty darn good!  The pie crust is some of the best I have tasted – light, flaky and full of good flavor.  I made the pie crust and then chilled it in the freezer for a bit while I made the pie filling.  I rolled it out between two sheets of wax paper and it was easy to handle.  For the filling I followed the recipe as directed.  I used chicken breast for the meat and then shredded it.  I will definitely make this pot pie again but I will not add the thyme – none of us cared for the flavor in chicken pot pie.  It just seemed like a foreign flavor that didn’t belong.  All in all a good, solid, chicken pot pie recipe if you cut out the thyme.  I used rice flour for the thickening agent so Leslee could have the filling.  She dished her serving out before I added the crust and served hers over rice.

Fresh from the oven:

IMG_4517

First slice out lets of peek at the filling:

IMG_4526

Served up with a side of green salad and over a bit of steamed rice:

 IMG_4528

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I agree with you about the pie crust. We all liked it a lot. About the filling, I don't remember the thyme being too strong for us. We just used the dried thyme like it said. I will fix this again for sure. Good idea about rolling the crust out between wax paper :)