Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tarin's Chicken Pot Pie

Today has been cold and rainy and we've all been sick so it was the perfect day for chicken pot pie.

I started with the filling and used carrots, corn, and green peas. The filling mixed up really nicely and I really liked the flavor of the thyme. I also added just a little bit of cayenne pepper to the mix as well.

I was hesitant to use her pie crust recipe, since the one that I've used forever is so good, but I'm glad I did. It was delicious and really the flakiest crust I've ever seen.

I cooked them in ramekins and put pie crust on the inside of the ramekins, I cooked just the crust for 5 minutes before I added the filling and the top.


I cooked them for 25 minutes and they were perfect! Even Paige said these were the best Chicken Pot Pies she had ever tasted. They are a definite keeper.

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Tarin, your little pies look delicious. You are quite creative to make them individual size. Glad they were a hit.

Jacki's travels said...

Yes, adorable little pot pies! It is a good recipe (both crust and pot pie). Thanks for your pics and review.