Monday, November 29, 2010

Oregon's Reviews

Ok, we had some of this dishes a couple weeks ago but I just now had time to upload and organize all the pictures sorry for taking so long to post it.
Dana Thank you so much for choosing the sherried tomato soup I have been wanting to make it for a long time, This time I decided to follow the recipe exactly, I even ventured into a liquor store, After looking all over the place for a bottle of sherry I was informed that it belongs to the wine family and that I can purchase it at any regular grocery store, The guys sort of had this suspicious look on his face, Not sure he believe me when I told him I was going to make some soup with it, He probably though that I was already drunk when I walked in the store since I was still on my work out clothes, sweaty and smelly… Anyhow…… how was I supposed to know that?????
The soup was wonderful, however I only used half of the cream and butter suggested in the recipe….. I PROMISE…. You don’t need all that FAT the soup was wonderful.
We also had the chicken pot pie and it was pretty tasty I sautéed my onion before adding the other vegetables also reduced the amount of butter and cream. I decided to add my peas after turning the burner off along with fresh parsley and thyme from my herb garden, I never had homemade chicken pot pie before so this was a first for me I think that I would like more chicken and less sauce but the flavors were very good, I am making this again tomorrow with the leftover turkey I hope it will turn out good, wish me luck!






The Marlboro Man's Sandwich was a Huge hit we had it Twice , I got some delicious Maui onions at the grocery store and they were fantastic for this dish, I loved using thin sliced beef and just cut it into smaller strips, seasoned (My own version) and set it on the fridge overnight. I toasted the buns on the frying pan along side with the beef on another big frying pan, We had a “build your own sandwich” bar area some of the options were, pickles, lettuce, tomato, sliced avocado, sliced jalapeños, Swiss cheese, provolone, mayonnaise, mustard, etc. Like I said BIG HIT I have a feeling I will be making this again pretty soon.









































Cowboy Calzone was pretty good I’m not a big fan of cottage cheese on pastries so I only used half the amount suggested. The dough was very tasty. I decided to use Italian sausage (since calzone is an Italian dish) and that was perfect, I don’t like Monterey Jack so I used a Italian mixture I got at Trader Joes , I also added fresh oregano and parsley. I like brushing the calzone with olive oil after taking it out of the oven it makes it even tastier…hummmmmmmmm




























2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for all of your pictures, comments and suggestions! I love your calzone maker/cutter and I see you have your Christmas tree up already - so festive. I liked the soup as well but we didn't put any sherry in it so I might have to try it again. Good to know everything tastes just as good without all the fat.

Leslee said...

It is fun to read all your reviews. Your calzone maker is pretty cool, I didn't know they made those. That is funny about you trying to buy the sherry!