Sunday, August 12, 2012

Jacki’s Salsa and Creamy Chicken Taquitos

I made these two recipes for dinner the other night and they were both delish.  I wasn’t sure how the Quick and Easy Salsa would taste with the canned  tomatoes but it was very fresh tasting.  I followed the recipe exactly and would make it again.  It was pretty easy to make – I didn’t blend or put  it in the food processor as I prefer the chunkier version.
I have made the Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos before using corn tortillas so this time I used flour.  The recipe is a little time consuming but worth it.  We ate almost all of them at dinner but the leftovers were good too the next day.  I followed the recipe as directed and didn’t make any substitutions except I didn’t sprinkle sea salt on the top. I didn’t have any chicken already cooked so I just cooked a  whole chicken breast in the microwave and diced/shredded it up and it came out to about 2 cups exactly.  The taquitos were good made with the corn tortillas as well.  I am still planning on making the Sweet Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips but I need to get a better assortment of fruit so that is on the menu for this next week.  I hope you all are enjoying Pioneer Woman’s new season 3 cooking show on Food Network – Saturday mornings.  I think many of the recipes are from her new book we will start cooking from in September.

Jacki's Pics 010

Jacki's Pics 012

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Everything looked very good! I need to post my pictures & review of the salsa & taquitos. I'm glad that you liked both recipes ;)