Saturday, August 4, 2012

Jacki’s Stuffed Zucchini and Zucchini Bread

This past week I had a chance to make both the Grilled Stuffed Zucchini and the Orange-Scented Zucchini bread and they were both delicious.  For the zucchini bread I cut the recipe in half because I only wanted one loaf but I could have made the whole recipe for one loaf pan – it only came to about half way up the pan when it was done cooking which was totally fine for just us.  I did add the pecans.  I forgot to add the topping before I cooked it so I added it at the end and that was fine, it just didn’t all melt into the top of the bread.  It only took about 43 minutes to cook the half recipe in one loaf pan.  It was moist and tasty.  I liked the subtle orange flavor but you could also leave it out if you didn’t have any and it would be good too. 
I used the grilled stuffed zucchini as a side dish because my zucchini was a little smaller than 10 inches.  I only used one zucchini but made a full batch of the stuffing mix and used a whole cup of the diced scooped out zucchini.  Our little grill is out of propane so I cooked the zucchini in the microwave before stuffing it until it was soft  and then a little after stuffing it to make sure everything was warm.  I finished them off under the broiler and man, oh man, were they ever good!  Just eat them skin and all. 

Jacki's Pics 005

Jacki's Pics 008

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Everything looks so good! These recipes are on my to do list :)

Stephanie said...

lOOKS SO GOOD!