Friday, December 7, 2012

Jacki’s Chicken and Noodles and Beef Stew

I made the Chicken and Noodles last week and it was excellent although I must admit I altered the recipe a bit.  First off I used a rotisserie chicken with some of the meat still on.  I put it in the crock pot, covered with water and added some salt and pepper and garlic and let it cook for several hours.  I then took the chicken out, picked off the chicken and put the broth in a big pot. I diced up the carrots, celery, and onion and sauteed them all together til softened and then added to broth along with the thyme.  I didn’t have any turmeric.  I thought the thyme added a good flavor.  Instead of using the frozen egg noodles I made my own (easier than running to the store).  I omitted adding the flour or cream and just left it like a soup.  I am sure using the rotisserie chicken added to the good flavor.  It was really tasty.

Jacki's Pics 003

I made the Beef Stew last night and it was also quite tasty.  I did make a few changes though.  I omitted the beer (I didn’t even replace it with the beef broth).  I also omitted the tomato paste.  I used less meat than called for and a little more potato.  It still had a really good flavor although I had to add twice as much flour to make it somewhat thick and I didn’t even add all the liquid since I didn’t use the beer.   It made a good, simple meal.  This would cook well in a crock pot too.

Jacki's Pics 005

No comments: