Monday, December 17, 2012

Jacki’s Steakhouse Pizza

I made this Saturday for dinner and we both thought it was good but decided steak just doesn’t belong on pizza.  I used a flat iron steak and it was very tender – it just wouldn’t work to use a steak that might be tough. I cooked my steak under the broiler.  Audrey had warned me  the recipe calls for a lot of onions so I only used one - perfect.  I don’t like a pizza with a ton of sauce so I only ended up using about a cup of the marinara sauce.  I also only had 8 ounces of fresh mozzarella so I used some grated mozzarella as well.  I used the cheap ol’ grated canned parmesan instead of freshly shaved.  I must say I love the pizza dough recipe in the book.  I have used it several times and it always turns out well. ( I do tweak it and add just a bit more salt and use half olive oil and half canola oil and I just add the oil when I add the yeast/water mixture – easier).  Oh, I also added some canned mushrooms because steak and mushrooms just go together.  I thought the pizza was good when we had it on Saturday night but I thought it was even better when I had a leftover piece yesterday (heated up).  I hope you all get a chance to try the recipe  and let us know what you think!  Sorry about the blurry picture:)

Jacki's Pics

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Enjoyed your review. Good idea about adding mushrooms!