Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pizza and Stew

We thought that the steakhouse pizza was good although the steak I used was a little tough.  We had to cut the pieces much smaller and that worked out better.  I only used a forth of the amount of onion they recommended and I thought that was plenty.  It was a fun change to pepperoni pizza.

We also had the beef stew a week or so back.  We really liked it! I omitted the beer and didn't add any extra liquid in place of it.  A few days later I made the Shepard's Pie recipe since it uses the leftover stew with mashed potatoes on top.  That was tasty too!  I much prefer this to other Shepard's pie recipes I have had before. Sorry no picture of either of those. 

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Good idea to use the leftover stew for the Shepherd's Pie. Yes, the steak was a nice change from the usual pepperoni or sausage.