Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Two Meals

I made the chicken noodle soup the week after Thanksgiving using some leftover turkey.  Since I didn't boil up the chicken and have the broth, I just used some already made broth, about 8 cups.  There isn't really a gluten free version of egg noodles so I just used a different kind of pasta and let it boil for its recommended cooking time in the soup.  The soup was delicious and I liked the idea of adding flour to thicken it just a bit.  Perfect for the "cold" front we experienced last week in Houston:)

On Sunday night I made the Rigatoni and Meatballs. For the meatballs I used half ground beef and half pork sausage and a gluten free bread to make the crumbs. It baked the bread for about 25 min and then ground it up even though it wasn't really all that dried out.  Seemed to work out okay though.  Summer helped me by rolling out all the meatballs.  I decided to just broil them for about 15 minutes and not deal with the mess of frying them.  Like my mom said the sauce wasn't anything special but it was really easy to make, mostly just opening two cans and simmering! This was good! 


1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Both of your meals look good. Good idea to use 1/2 sausage for the meatballs for more flavor. Thanks for the review!