Sunday, December 30, 2012

Jacki’s Tangy Tomato Beef, Crash Hot Potatoes, Glazed Carrots.

Happy New Year to you all and I hope you had a merry Christmas.  I made these recipes for dinner today and thought they were good although I did make some changes.  For the Tangy Tomato Brisket I used a beef roast instead because the briskets were all huge and cost $6/pound – didn’t want to spend that much.  The flavor was still good and the roast shredded nicely.  I cooked it in the crock pot instead of the oven – very easy. 
The Crash Hot Potatoes were a nice change from regular baked potatoes and I liked the crispiness.  They were easy to make.  I omitted the rosemary. 
The Glazed Carrots were very yummy but I omitted the whiskey because it just isn’t something I keep around the house :).  They took longer than 10 minutes to cook though – closer to 20 minutes total. I also used less butter and brown sugar than the recipe called for and it was fine – I could have probably used even less. 
All three recipes went together well to make a tasty meal.

Jacki's Pics 015

No comments: