Friday, October 4, 2013

Jenny's Thai Coconut Soup

This is long overdue!  But a couple of weeks ago I made the Thai Coconut Soup.  It was really good!  I thought that it was going to be super coconut-y with the can of coconut milk in it, but it had such a mild flavor.  I thought the soup in general was just a nice twist on chicken noodle soup.

I cooked my chicken in the crock pot earlier in the day, so it was really tender and moist.  After reading Jackie's review I added all of the liquid the recipe called for.  Even so, the noodles really sucked up a lot and there wasn't a lot of extra broth.  I also used the cilantro from the tube and thought it tasted fine.  My kids ate it great, so it was definitely a successful recipe.  And the soup came together so quickly.  Seriously, one of the fastest dinners I've made.  You could easily add some vegetables to it, but my kids probably ate it because there weren't any in there :)  In one of the little side notes it suggested using rice instead of noodles.  I love noodles, and thought they were fun, but I think it would be yummy with the rice too.

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Ha! James- cute:). Yes it was an easy recipe. Glad the kids liked it.