Monday, October 21, 2013

Kim's review

I haven't posted a review forever but I have been cooking the meals. Also, my 4 year old son was playing with my phone and let me know that I had too many weird pictures of food and so he did me a favor by deleting them! Awesome! So, I don't have pix to go along with my reviews.

Vegetable barley soup- I really liked this! The whole family liked it too. It made a ton, but it reheated really well. I used quinoa and like someone else said, If I make it again I probably won't add as much, it seem like the quinoa was dominating the soup.

Whole grain crescent rolls- These were pretty good but not my favorite. My little boys wouldn't even eat them because there was so much stuff on top and that weirded them out. They also took a really long time to make and sometimes if something takes too long I get turned off by it. I could also taste the flax pretty strong. I will probably add less if I ever make them again.

Weeknight chili- Yummy! And super easy. I followed the recipe perfectly and it turned out delicious! I'm going to make it this Friday for our wards trunk or treat and chili cook off.

Lemon cake- This cake turned out really delicious and I am not even a super lemony person. Everybody liked it the only problem was my cake wasn't perfectly level so when I poured the glaze on top a lot of it gathered in the middle, making the middle extra moist, borderline soggy! It tasted delicious with cream on top though!

Thai coconut soup- I loved everything about this soup! The entire family ate all of it! I used leftover rotisserie chicken and the whole thing came together very quickly. I will make the soup again, probably a lot!

Hopefully I don't get so far behind again. These recipes are all so yummy!

Kim

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Thanks for your reviews. I haven't made the rolls or soup yet, so I was glad read about your suggestions :)

Jacki's travels said...

Ha! So funny about the phone pics delete:). Thanks for your reviews. I really liked the soup as well.