Saturday, October 12, 2013

Leslee's Recipes

Okay well as usual, lots to report on!
Mini tostada salads: I was planning to make this whole recipe on day but Sean was going to be working late so instead of making the cute little tortilla bowls I just threw it all together into a salad bowl for myself. I knew the kids wouldn't appreciate it:) Anyway the dressing was SO GOOD! I really liked it. I halved the oil to make it a little healthier and it worked great. I have used it several more times on various salads.
Monster Munch: Sweet and Crunchy Autumn Snack Mix: I had made a similar popcorn mix a few weeks ago to take to the ladies I visit teach but instead of the mix ins I just used m&ms. It was delicious so Summer and I decided to try it again and take some to her teacher and student teacher at school. The kids helped me make it one night and it was super quick and easy to make. The candy corn, peanuts and Reese's pieces were a fun addition! 


Glazed lemon cake: I made this cake with a gluten free yellow cake mix so I could try it and it turned out delicious. I followed all the other directions and ingredients. We had the sister missionaries over for dinner that night and so we had that for dessert. Everyone loved it and went back for seconds! The kids called it the lemonade cake. I actually preferred eating it with some cool whip on top to balance out the richness of it. 


Weeknight Chili: This was a good easy recipe to make. It came together nice and quickly and we ate it with fritos and cheese on top. We all liked it but I do prefer the Anita's Chili recipe we made way back when we first started this blog and I will probably stick with that one. 

I haven't made the complete S'mores cupcakes yet but I have use the marshmallow frosting recipe several times and it is so so good! It is definitely my favorite for frosting cupcakes with! 



2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Everything looks very yummy! Good idea to take the popcorn treat to Summy's teachers - so cute.

Audrey said...

Good idea to use some m & m's in place of the other goodies in the popcorn recipe. Also like your idea about skipping the little shells & just having the ingredients as a big salad.