Saturday, March 21, 2015

Jacki and Nika's Menu 44 Review

I am here in warm AZ visiting Nika and family and I made this meal the other night. Isabelle chose the Tres Leche cake for her birthday cake.  The Fresh Lime Salsa was easy to prepare and so tasty! Loved it. It would make a good topping for chicken or fish. I thought it needed a little salt to bring out the flavors. This would be good to make and have on hand for snacking, salads, use on meats etc.  The Avocado Chicken Enchiladas were just as delicious. So good! It took some time to make the sauce but not too bad. Walmart had their avocados on sale for .20 each so this was a great menu for us to make this week.  I followed the recipe as directed except I used plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream,
The Tres Leches Cake was good but not my favorite of the cakes we have made out of this book.  It was easy enough to make though. The cake didn't soak up all the glaze but it was still ok. Isabelle enjoyed having it for her birthday:)

I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture of my plate before I ate it all!

 



1 comment:

Audrey said...

The food looked really good in your pictures. Glad that you enjoyed the recipes :) what a fun birthday cake!