Thursday, March 12, 2015

Leslee's Reviews

Well I have a few recipes to catch up on!
First Menu 40. The chicken Parmesan was good  although mine ended up being a little dry. I probably cooked it for too long. I would probably just mix it up in the sauce more next time before serving. Still good! The garlic monkey bread was easy to make although I definitely cooked it too long as well! I made the blondies a few months back and my family really enjoyed them!

Onto Menu 27. I did have to make some changes to the macaroni and cheese because I didn't have a gluten free condensed cheddar cheese soup. I ended up just leaving it out and it still turned out great, maybe just not as soupy. I was the only one that liked it though, my kids prefer Kraft I guess:) We also really liked the chicken nuggets. I used rice krispies instead of cornflakes and these were gobbled up. 

Menu 21. We ate this last night and it wasn't too tricky to put together. My meatloaf did have to cook for a while longer but I used 2 lbs so maybe that is why. I messed up a little on the potatoes. When I was cooking them I also was making the dessert and actually poured sugar into the boiling potatoes..oops. I don't think it mattered too much. I didn't end up putting them in the crock pot.  We aren't the biggest fans of meatloaf over here but we all thought it was decent. My kids loved the dessert and between today and yesterday the half recipe I made is gone. I wasn't a fan of the frosting with the crisco. I used snickers instead of butterfingers because we had several lying around.

I also made the roast from menu 32 but didn't take a picture. It was very good and cooked up nicely. I did add the tomatoes which I probably would omit. I still need to try the other two recipes that go with it. 

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for all your reviews and pictures! Good to know the Rice Krispies worked for the chicken nuggets.

Audrey said...

Enjoyed your reviews. Glad that you guys liked most of the menu's.