Sunday, March 8, 2015

Jacki's Review of Menu 21

We all liked this meal of Honey BBQ Meatloaf, Creamy Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes, and Butterfinger Blondies.  I thought the meatloaf was very good - perfectly flavored. I followed the recipe as directed. I didn't have quick oats so I blended up some regular oats just a bit. I used 2# of 85% ground beef. It paired nicely with the mashed potatoes. Again I followed the recipe as directed for the most part but I was a little short on the sour cream - no biggie.  It was kind of a lot of work for mashed potatoes but really tasty. Putting them In the slow cooker for a couple of hours just made them a bit creamier and there was no last minute rush to get the potatoes mashed and seasoned and kept warm. I also just added the butter when I added everything else instead of mixing it in just before serving. Just a note though that this recipe makes a lot more than 4 to 6 servings.  I served steamed fresh green beans as a side dish. A couple in our group didn't care for the Blondies but I thought they were very good but then I like frosting:). I cut the recipe in half but otherwise followed the recipe. You could easily substitute another candy if desired. Very tasty. Another fun meal to make and eat.

I forgot to take a picture of my plate all dished up but here is my dads second helping. Good thing my mom was there to remind me or I would have forgotten all together!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Your meal looks yummy! Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to trying this menu out.