Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jacki and Leslee’s Review of BBQ Meatballs and Green Beans with Pineapple Vinaigrette.

I am visiting with Leslee and family and helping with new baby Knox.  We made this meal last week and thought it was “ok” but I don’t think I would make either one again.  It was definitely edible but didn’t totally impress me.  The BBQ sauce had too much chili powder in it for me and I like the bottled kind better – especially Sweet Baby Ray’s – yummmy.  The meatballs were good though.  We served it over steamed rice.  I actually liked the green bean dish but I thought it was a bit labor intensive.  It had a good flavor.  I used frozen green beans and  heated everything together for a warm dish.  It made a good accompaniment for the BBQ  meatballs.  I think everyone here felt about the same as I did regarding these recipes.  Interesting to try but probably would not make again.  If any of you have tried these two recipes let us know. 

Meatballs in the pan and ready to brown.

IMG_2732 IMG_2735

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Your pictures looked really good. I might try it and use our favorite BBQ sauce, since that is the only one we like. It is "Head Country". I like meatballs over rice myself. The greenbeans and corn looked really good also:) Hope that all of you are having a great visit.