Sunday, April 4, 2010

Leslee's Soup

A few nights ago I decided to try out the garlicky broccoli soup. Since we were going to have it as a main course I decided to add some potatoes to it for a little more substance.  I peeled and chunked three potatoes and added them in the beginning with carrots and onions.  I didn't realize it called for celery until I was cooking so I just eliminated it.  For some reason I thought I should add more liquid because of the potatoes but that made the soup too runny so next time I would probably add less then it called for.  I used my little food processor to blend up the soup in batches and then added the milk.   The soup had a very nice flavor and I sprinkled a little cheese over mine.  It was a litte runny as I mentioned but not too bad.  Sean ate his with left over calzone from the night before which made a nice little meal. I have heard mixed reviews of this so far so I will be interested to see how it works out for other cooks...


1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

I like the idea of adding potatoes to the soup. I need to get busy with the recipes for this week and the soup from last week.