Friday, April 9, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Coconut Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce

We had another fine meal at our home tonight with this recipe and we both liked it.  I made the Coconut beef as directed and let it marinate all day.  I used some stew meat I had in the freezer and sliced it a little thinner.  I skewered the pieces but ended up taking it off the skewers because it wasn’t cooking very evenly on the grill pan.  (I have a cheap grill pan).  I made the peanut sauce as directed but I have to agree with Leslee – it was too bitter – so I added some brown sugar too.  I served it over steamed rice and spooned the peanut sauce over the top.  Sauteed zucchini and sliced mango completed our meal.  Soooo delicious and very easy to make!

Ingredients gathered and ready to prep the meal.

Jacki's Pics 144

How good does that look?!  A mighty tasty meal.

Jacki's Pics 146

1 comment:

Leslee said...

Yes, most peanut sauces I have had are a little sweeter. Very nice sides you had there!