Friday, April 30, 2010

Jacki and Leslee’s Review of Ginger Shrimp and Couscous.

I am here at Leslee’s still helping out and I made these two recipes a couple of nights ago.  Only Sean and I tested them because Leslee doesn’t care for shrimp and the couscous wasn’t gluten free.  We both liked the recipes but had some suggestions.  We would add less fresh garlic to the Ginger-Hoisin sauce.  Probably only 1 tsp – it had a very strong ginger flavor.  This would be a good glaze for chicken or beef too.  I ended up buying already cooked shrimp because the store didn’t have any peeled shrimp and I didn’t want to peel them.  I tried to just barely cook them enough to heat but they did seem a little tough but they turned out well enough.  I had the scallions all chopped and ready to go in a little ramekin – just like the pros – but I forgot to sprinkle them on the shrimp so that is why you don’t see any.  The couscous was good.  I even bought the salt free garlic herb spice so I could follow the recipe exactly.  Sean had never tried couscous and liked it.  I had made it once before a few years ago but didn’t add any seasonings so it wasn’t very good but I really did think this recipe was tasty and so fast and easy to prepare.  With a side of broccoli,  this was a tasty meal.

 

IMG_5529

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Looks very tasty! My family doesn't like shrimp very well; but I think that I would really like it. Maybe I'll try it anyways and they can eat grilled cheese :)