Sunday, May 2, 2010

Recipes for week of May 3rd 2010

Bowties with Panceta & Tuna Pg 75

1 lb Farfalle(bowtie) pasta
2 teaspoons Olive oil
1/2 cup diced pancetta, bacon, or ham
2 tuna steaks (5 to 6 Oz each)
Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup quarted oil-packed artichoke hearts
2 tableshpoos chopped fresh parsley

1-Cook the pasta according to the package direction. Drain and Transfer to a large bowl.
2-While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes. Season both sides of the tuna with salt and pepper, add the hot pan and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Add broth and the artichokes, bring to a simmer, and simmer until the fish is just cooked through and fork tender, about 5 minutes.
3-Remove from the heat and stir the mixture into the pasta, breaking up the tuna into bite-size chunks. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.



Beet-Arugula Salad with Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Dressing Pg 270

4 cups fresh arugula leaves
1 cup jarred or canned sliced beets
One 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained

Buttermilk-Blue cheese dressing
2/3 cup buttermilk
¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

1-Arrange the arugula on a serving platter. Top with sliced beet and orange segments
2- In a small bowl, Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad and serve.

Ok, Leon and the boys helped to pick this week’s recipes, we have been talking about tuna casserole and the boys are very curious about that so I think that’s the reason they selected this recipe. I love arugula and have a lot in my garden right now that I want to use it. I am sure you can use spinach and it will be just as good. I love having arugula with sea food and perhaps you will enjoy it too.

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Look like some good choices!

Jacki's travels said...

I am looking forward to trying these two recipes. I love pasta of all sorts and I have to admit I have never cooked tuna steaks before so that will be something new. (I love canned tuna). The salad sounds good too - I love beets.