Saturday, May 29, 2010

Leslee's White Lasagna

Sean really likes Lasagna so I thought he would enjoy this recipe.  It is hard to find lasagna noodles that are gluten free so I just decided to make the regular gluten version for Sean and he could tell me how it was.  I made a few changes by using skim milk (it was all we had), cottage cheese for ricotta cheese and using regular lasagna noodles.  I was a little nervous the noodles would still be crunchy but Robyn Miller promised they wouldn't be so I put them in uncooked.  I also just made half a pan.  Everything was really easy to assemble and after reading my mom's review I decided to add some chopped spinach that I had in the freezer.  I think I used more mozzarella cheese than she suggested because you can never have too much of that! While it was cooking Sean joked that it better be as good as the red version and he said it was.  His only idea/suggestion was to add some ground sausage or pepperoni to it but then it wouldn't be as healthy.  I forgot to take a picture but it looked quite similar to my mom's!

1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Glad to hear your lasagna was a success. There are a lot of options for these recipe too which is nice. Also good to hear that the regular noodles worked out well. Thanks for the review.